Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Reading Life

Hi, my name is Kiah and I like to read a lot of fiction, realistic and science fiction. Over the summer I read, Changers Book One: Drew. When I read the first page, I was kind of confused. The book was not what I expected to be from reading a brief summary given to me on our schools summer reading list. As I kept reading I started to understand more what the book was about, even though it still was really weird. While I was reading I thought about how atypical the idea of a changer was and wondered if people like this actually existed. Half of the time I was thinking that the author is very creative for coming up with something like this. Never in a million years would I ever think of somebody becoming some one different every year, four years straight and having to basically restart their life all over again and forget past relationships. As I read further in the book I thought what it would be like to be a changer. As a changer you're basically a social experiment. Witnessing how different races and genders are treated and understanding the effect you had on a person’s life. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be someone else? Well as a changer you would know that it’s hard to be someone else and be "yourself" all at once. After reading this book it made me take back I every time I said " I wish I was them", or "I wish this didn't happen" because if that certain thing never happened or you were someone else or had someone else in your life, certain positive things would have never occurred in your life or important people wouldn't have been present in your life.

This summer I traveled a lot between New Jersey and Brooklyn. Every weekend in end of July all through august I went to jersey and sometimes stayed through the week. I read a lot on my travel to and from jersey and a lot in the morning because I was always the first one up. Where I live its very noisy because the bus and many trucks pass down my block. Sometimes I find it hard to concentrate at home with so much noise going on outside and sometimes inside. Between my sister and I having friends and cousins over a lot and my mom’s friends can get really noisy. In jersey it was very quite since they live in the suburbs and not many cars drive down their streets except for neighbors. I found it very peaceful that I could really get into my book.

Here’s a list of my favorite book:
   Wonder by Raquel J. Palacio
   Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
   Divergent by Veronica Roth
   Because I am Furniture by Thalia Chatlas
   What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones
   What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones
   Lush by Natasha Friend
   Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor
   Loser by Jerry Spinelli
   Every Soul A Star by Wendy Mass
   The Upstairs Room by Johanna Reiss
   UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn

Truth when I was younger I was obsessed with the Spiderwick Chronicles and the My Weird School series. That's basically all there is to know about my reading life. Hope you enjoyed my blog! ;)

1 comment:

  1. YES HONEY!1!!!!! THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete